- $2500 each per year (2 awards annually)
- One award to Alvord Unified School District
- One award to Riverside Unified School District
- Student must be registered in an Alvord or Riverside Unified High School
- Applicant must have a minimum 3.0 grade point average
- Undergraduate studies only. Funds may be used for qualified education expenses, including tuition, fees and course related expenses such as books, supplies and equipment incurred as a result of enrollment at any accredited post secondary college or university within the United States.
- File a completed application with the Riverside Police Officers’ Association by May 31st with the following documents:
- Acceptance letter from the college or university you plan to attend. **Proof of enrollment will be required prior to issuance of funds.**
- Certified copy of final high school transcripts showing graduation in a sealed envelope from the school or from District Office (should be mailed direct from school or district office) **As soon as available following graduation (exception to May 31st deadline)**
- Submit an essay on how the environmental resources are getting scarce and what can be done to prevent this. The essay has to be at least 5 pages (double spaced). The essay will be judged by the board on content, style, and the usual grammar, syntax, etc.
- Must be enrolled in college full time.
- Must not be receiving over 75% if the costs for books, fees, tuition or living expenses from other scholarships and/or grants that do not require repayment.
Application forms are available after January 1st of the year of college attendance from the RPOA office located at 1965 Chicago Ave., Suite B, Riverside CA 92507. Phone (951) 784-1034. All applications must be received by May 31st. FAXES OR EMAILS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.
All applications will be evaluated by the RPOA Board of Directors starting June 3rdthrough June 15th. Finalists will be contacted for an interview with the RPOA Board ofDirectors to help determine the two recipients of the RPOA Scholarships.
Scholarships will be awarded as soon as practicable following the start of the academic year and after proof of enrollment has been received by the RPOA Office. A copy of thestudent’s course schedule is acceptable proof. It MAY be faxed, mailed or hand-delivered.
Should you have any questions please call the RPOA office at (951) 784-1034.